New program provides free second medical opinions from leading doctors
We believe different opinions can lead to better outcomes. Starting today, employees and dependents covered by the U.S. ConocoPhillips Employee Medical Plan can get a second opinion from a leading medical expert through the 2nd.MD program.
2nd.MD connects patients with highly sought-after physicians either via phone or video. ConocoPhillips covers the cost so employees can focus on the things that matter.
2nd.MD physicians can help you and your covered dependents when you’re facing significant health concerns, such as:
- A new diagnosis or treatment plan
- Possible surgeries or procedures
- Chronic conditions
- Undiagnosed, ongoing issues
Employees will receive more details directly from 2nd.MD in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you have immediate access to this valuable program.
How 2nd.MD Works
- Contact the 2nd.MD concierge to get started. Visit www.2nd.md/aetna or contact 1-866-410-8649. You can also email the 2nd.MD concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the 2nd.MD app on iTunes or Google Play.
- 2nd.MD will gather details to schedule a consultation. 2nd.MD nurses will work with you to request medical records to help refer you to the appropriate physician and schedule your appointment.
- Speak with a doctor within three to four days. The doctor will talk with you at a time convenient for your schedule. Family, friends or a treating physician can also participate in the consultation.
- Receive ongoing support. You will receive a written summary of the consultation. The nurse team will also follow up to answer questions and help coordinate next steps.
- How does 2nd.MD differ from Teladoc? 2nd.MD is free to employees and dependents covered by the U.S. ConocoPhillips Employee Medical Plan. 2nd.MD provides consultations for significant health concerns, such as cancer, chronic conditions or possible surgery. If you have seen a specialist, had several medical/lab tests, and feel like you could benefit from an expert, 2nd.MD may be able to help.
Teladoc, however, requires a small fee and is used for short-term medical issues such as allergies, colds, flu, ear infections and sinus problems. Teladoc does not require medical records prior to a consultation. For more information on Teladoc, click here.
- Which hospitals do 2nd.MD specialists represent? Specialists come from top hospitals, such as Boston Children’s Hospital, Mayo Clinic, Harvard, MD Anderson Cancer Center and others.
- How can 2nd.MD help me after I receive my consultation from them? 2nd.MD can share a written summary of the consultation with your treating physician. Because 2nd.MD specialists are also knowledgeable about ConocoPhillips benefits, they can provide recommendations on where you can receive care through our network of doctors. If you are considering surgery and are eligible for our travel benefit, 2nd.MD can refer you to an appropriate facility.
This article provides an overview of certain terms and conditions of health and welfare benefits and is for information purposes only. Benefits and eligibility for coverage are determined under the specific provisions of the official plan documents and any underlying insurance contracts. This program is not available to expatriates who receive Cigna Global Health Benefits. If there is any discrepancy or conflict between this article and the terms of the official plan documents and any underlying insurance contracts, as applicable, the official plan documents and insurance contracts, as applicable, will control. ConocoPhillips reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the health and welfare benefit plans, any underlying insurance contracts or any other programs, at any time without notice, at its sole discretion, according to the terms of the applicable plans, programs or any underlying insurance contracts. .