Throughout your tenure at ConocoPhillips, you’ve worked hard and contributed to the company’s success. We’re here to help you prepare for the transition into retirement.
The general timeline provides key steps to ensure you receive your pension and other benefits once you retire.
60-90 days before you want your pension benefits to begin
- Establish your employment end date with your supervisor and notify your HRBP.
- Request your pension paperwork and confirm what other benefits you are eligible for through Fidelity NetBenefits or call the Retirement Center at 833-637-4015.
- If you and/or your spouse are eligible for Medicare on your employment end date, contact the Benefits Center at 800-622-5501 to avoid a gap in medical coverage.
30-60 days before you want your pension benefits to begin
- Elect your form of pension payment on Fidelity NetBenefits or call the Retirement Center at 833-637-4015.
- Return required retirement forms.
Before your employment end date
If you are Medicare eligible and need proof of group health coverage based on current employment, request a CMS-L564 form be completed. Contact HR Connections at 877-812-7547 or 918-661-5381 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday.
After your employment end date
- Your active employee coverage ends the last day of the month in which you leave the company. Note: If you see providers prior to enrolling in retiree medical or COBRA coverage, you may initially be told that you are without coverage. Once enrolled, coverage will be made retroactive to the first of the month following your employment end date. Claims can then be reprocessed accordingly.
- If eligible, enroll in pre-age 65 retiree medical and/or life insurance on My Benefits within 30 days. You may also contact the Benefits Center at 800-622-5501. If eligible for age 65 and over retiree medical, contact United Healthcare at 855-323-1665.
- You can enroll in any COBRA coverage within 65 days on My Benefits or contact the Benefits Center. Note: If you are electing pre-age 65 retiree medical for you and/or dependents and COBRA coverage, contact the Benefits Center at 800-622-5501.