Throughout your tenure at ConocoPhillips, you’ve worked hard and contributed to the company’s success. We’re here to help you prepare for the transition into retirement.
The general timeline provides key steps to ensure you receive your pension and other benefits once you retire. Refer to this guide for full details on pension, retiree health and life insurance.
60-90 days before you want your pension benefits to begin
- Establish your employment end date with your supervisor and notify your HRBP.
- Request your pension paperwork and confirm what other benefits you are eligible for through YBR or call the Benefits Center at 800-622-5501.
- If you and/or your spouse are eligible for Medicare on your employment end date, contact the Benefits Center at 800-622-5501 to avoid a gap in medical coverage.
30-60 days before you want your pension benefits to begin
- Elect your form of pension payment on YBR or call the Benefits Center at 800-622-5501.
- Sign and return the Pension Election Authorization form.
After your employment end date
- If eligible, enroll in retiree medical and/or life insurance on YBR within 30 days or any COBRA coverage within 65 days.
- Receive your pension payment approximately four to six weeks after your benefit calculation has been finalized.
- Consider when you’d like to take a distribution from your ConocoPhillips Savings Plan. Contact Vanguard at 800-523-1188 or visit site.