Family Medical Leave (FML)
Family Medical Leave is an unpaid leave that provides job protection for up to 12 weeks and is used at the same time as other paid or unpaid leave policies.
(unpaid or vacation)
|Total Family Medical Leave|
Determine which time-off policies you will utilize:
Preparing for your time-off
- Have an initial conversation with your supervisor to share your news and plans to take time off. This conversation must take place early enough for your supervisor to plan for your absences, both before and after your child has arrived.
- Discuss and finalize your plans with your supervisor.
- Request and complete an FMLA packet from HR Connections
The company provides financial assistance to help cover the cost of adopting a child and reinforce the company’s commitment to enhance family life. Read more
After your child's arrival
- If you would like to take FML, complete the Care & Bonding Form.
- Within 90 days of adoption or placement for adoption, add your child to your benefits coverage on YBR. You may also consider enrolling in a Dependent Day Care FSA to utilize pre-tax dollars to pay for day care and/or increasing your contribution to the Health Saving Account.