As a U.S. Inpatriate, you are the only family member automatically enrolled in Cigna Global coverage. Within the next 7 to 10 business days, you should receive an email from the Benefits Center asking you to enroll your dependents in coverage. You must enroll your dependents within 90 days of your assignment start date. Coverage for all your dependents will be effective retroactively to your assignment start date. ID Cards
Cigna Global ID cards will not be available until after your assignment start date. Please allow 10 to 15 business days for Cigna Global to receive your enrollment information.
You can receive your ID card by:
- Logging on to Cigna Global with your member number (sent by email) to register.
- Once you have registered you can print off a temporary card.
- Your card will cover you and all your dependents.
- Cigna Global will mail your permanent ID cards to your home address reflected in the ConocoPhillips system. You may order cards for different addresses online or by calling Cigna.
Note: If medical or dental care is needed before your Cigna Global ID card is available, contact the Cigna Global Service Center.
Questions & Answers
How can I locate a doctor when I arrive?
With a network of more than 1 million health care professionals worldwide, it’s easy to locate a doctor or hospital. To locate an international health care professional, go to Cigna Global and click on the “Find health care” tab or call Cigna using the number on the back of your ID card for assistance.
When will Cigna pay and when will I need to file a claim?
Outside the United States
Outside of the United States, our goal is cashless service; enabled by a direct pay arrangement (where Cigna pays the bill directly) or a guarantee of payment (Cigna assumes the payment responsibility) with your health care professional obtained from Cigna. To find out if a health care professional has a direct payment arrangement with Cigna, visit Cigna Global to find their contact information in the directory, and a note that says “direct settlement may be available,” or call 001-855-611-8130 (toll-free). If you see this note, all you need to do is present your Cigna ID card at the time of service in the United States.
In the United States
If you receive care from one of Cigna’s in-network health care professionals within the United States, you do not need to submit a claim for reimbursement because we have direct pay arrangements with these doctors/hospitals. You would only be responsible for paying any deductible or co-insurance amounts that are part of your plan. If you choose to seek care from an out-of-network health care professional, you may need to file a claim and your costs will be higher.
How do I submit a claim to Cigna?
- Submit your claim through Cigna Global. It’s the fastest and easiest way to get your claims to Cigna.
- Make sure your form is complete. And don’t forget to sign it!
- Fill out a separate form for each doctor or hospital visit.
- Be sure to add a diagnosis or explain your treatment.
- Make copies of your bills, receipts and claim forms and keep them handy.
- Clearly state how you would like to be reimbursed.
- If you can’t submit your claim online, remember that even faxes are faster than regular mail.